Structure of the Council
The Council is chaired by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, with the Director-General of NCCC also serving as its secretary.
The current members of the NCCC are:
- The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria – Chairman.
- The Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria – Vice Chairman.
- Director-General National Council on Climate Change – Secretary.
- The Minister of Environment.
- The Minister of Finance, Budget, and National Planning.
- The Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice.
- The Minister of Mines and Steel Development.
- The Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- The Minister of Women’s Affairs and Social Development.
- The Minister of Power.
- The Minister of Transportation.
- The Minister of Water Resources.
- The Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- The National Security Adviser.
- The National President of the Association of Local Governments of Nigeria.
- The Chairman Nigeria Governors’ Forum.
- The President, Nigerian Youth Congress, representing the Youth.
- The DG, Nigerian Conservation Foundation, representing the private sector on climate change or environment-related matters.
- The National President, National for Women Societies, representing Women’s Interests.
- Representative of People With Disabilities.
- Representative of environment-related CSO, appointed by the President on the recommendation of the Minister of Environment.