The Secretary of the Council, Dr. Salisu Dahiru is the Director-General of the National Council on Climate Change (NCCC) and Head of the Secretariat.
Functions of the Secretariat
The Secretariat is responsible for the day to day running of the administration of the NCCC as its administrative and technical arm.
Its functions are to:
- Ensure the Council acts and conforms to the objectives of the Climate Change Act 2021.
- Support the Council with periodic reviews of the NCCAP.
- Monitor and report the implementation of the NCCAP.
- Provide strategic, technical and operational support for climate change, climate mitigation and adaptation.
- Develop climate change reports and related documents to meet Nigeria’s climate change obligations, in consultation with the Ministry of the Environment.
- Manage cross-functional relationships with MDAs, private entities, and CSOs to provide guides on the actualisation of climate change targets.